tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Keith Miller <keith.mil...@brokat.com>
Subject Newbie : Help integrating Tomcat with PWS on NT
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 21:59:15 GMT
I am trying to develop some simple JSPs on NT4.0.1381, so I need a web
server right?
I installed the NT Option pack and got PWS. I have it up and running.
Next I installed Tomcat 3.2.1. I can start it up and it seems to run fine
but...
Following the instructions in the "tomcat-iis-howto.html" I get everything
looking right (checked it 3 times now)
Problem: Under NT troubleshooting I cannot get the jakarta virtual directory
to a show a green up arrow (does this happen in PWS?), nor does the logging
occur for ISAPI redirector log file. This file is absent from my
c:\tomcat3.2\logs dir.
When I try the URL "http://localhost/examples/jsp/index.html" in my browser
I get the following error in my  winNT\system32\Logfiles\W3svc1\
23:37:59 127.0.0.1 GET /jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll 500
But every setting mentioned in troubleshooting has been checked and
rechecked.

There is one thing I'm not sure I did right: one of the instructions is not
clear regarding "Configuring the ISAPI Redirector":
8) ....... For PWS, you'll need to use regedit and add/edit the "Filter
DLLs" key under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\W3SVC\Parameters. This
key contains a "," separated list of dlls ( full paths ) - you need to
insert the full path to isapi_redirect.dll.
-- What does this mean, "the key contains", they are talking about values
right? I created the "Filter DLLs" key, and I also had to create the value.
What should I name the value (I named it jakarta also)? What type of value
is it (I used string)? With just the full path to isapi_redirect.dll. right?

Any other suggestions, like "just don't try it with PWS on NT" are welcome.
Should I try to install Apache instead?
-Keith