tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Duncan Irvine <duncan.irv...@sopheon.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat, IIS and virtual hosts
Date Thu, 03 May 2001 09:30:20 GMT
I didn't spend too long on this, as we only needed the vhosts as a stop-gap
solution, and only needed three at that, but the only way I found to do it
was to have vhosts defined in both Apache and Tomcat.

Apache's vhosting knows the difference for the static pages, and any
.jsps/servlets for *any* of the servers are handed off to Tomcat without
vhosting.  Tomcat then knows the correct vhost as well, and serves the
relevant jsp.  I forget which (but I believe Apache) complained about the
mod_jk config appearing within a vhost definition.  I've no idea about IIS
unfortunately - I only use real web-servers!

The rest of the information you need is in the docs, and you should be able
to work it out yourself.

There may be a better way to do it, but I didn't have the time to find it.

Hope this helps,
	Duncan.

P.S. I can probably dig the old config files out if you need them, but I
don't have them to hand at the mo.

This message contains information which may be privileged
and confidential and subject to legal privilege. If you are not
the intended recipient, you may not peruse, use, disseminate,
distribute or copy this message. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail, facsimile, or telephone and return or destroy the
original message. Sopheon and its officers are not responsible
for any statements or material in this e-mail and in any attachment
to it which might give rise to any criminal or civil claim.