tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Duncan Irvine <duncan.irv...@sopheon.com>
Subject RE: Why Use apache
Date Wed, 02 May 2001 16:03:32 GMT
I would suggest that Apache is also more secure - it's been around longer,
and has had more development, thus has had longer to mature.  If you hide
Tomcat behind Apache, then any bugs that may appear in Tomcat's URL parsing
(for example) are less of a worry.

Duncan.

This message contains information which may be privileged
and confidential and subject to legal privilege. If you are not
the intended recipient, you may not peruse, use, disseminate,
distribute or copy this message. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail, facsimile, or telephone and return or destroy the
original message. Sopheon and its officers are not responsible
for any statements or material in this e-mail and in any attachment
to it which might give rise to any criminal or civil claim.