tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bhat, Mahesh" <Mahesh.B...@AbbeyNational.co.uk>
Subject RE: simple Query
Date Wed, 30 May 2001 10:16:59 GMT
In the Apache http.conf add/change entry for ServerName

something like this
ServerName a054848.abbey

Add what ever name you want if you are on intranet - like www.tomcat.com
then  you can access your server/servlets using http://www.tomcat.com/snoop

regards
mahesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Parag S [mailto:parag@savvion.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 10:42 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: simple Query

I am using Apache 1.3.14 with Tomcat 3.2.2b on Solaris 2.6 and 2.7.
I start tomcat and then I start apache.
When I start apache it is throwing the following error -

httpd:Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name,
using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName.

apachectl starts well, all servlets/jsps are working fine but what can
be the reason for that message?

Important:

Internet communications are not necessarily secure and may be intercepted or changed after
they are sent.
The Abbey National Group does not accept liability for any such changes. If you wish to confirm
the origin or content of this communication, please contact the sender using an alternative
means of communication.

This communication does not create or modify any contract.

If you are not the intended recipient of this communication you should destroy it without
copying, disclosing or otherwise using its contents. Please notify the sender immediately
of the error.

The Abbey National Group comprises Abbey National plc and its subsidiary group of companies.

Abbey National plc. Registered Office: Abbey House, Baker Street, London, NW1 6XL. Reg. No.
2294747.
Registered in England.