tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim Watson <jwatson...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: WAP
Date Mon, 07 May 2001 17:59:01 GMT
Arthur,

I am getting a similar error message to Odd.Olsen, but using Tomcat in
conjunction with the UP.Simulator vice Nokia.  I am attempting to get the
UP.Simulator to access .wml files on Tomcat using
http://localhost:8080/<static.wml file>.  I have added the mime-types to
the (in my case) c:\jakarta-tomcat\conf\web.xml file without success
(Odd.Olsen's problem).  Netscape and IE both work fine with my Tomcat
localhost:8080 installation.  This seems to be a special case with respect
to your recommendation to add the mime types to the
yourApplication/web-inf/web.xml file.  I have added the wap mime-types to
the c:\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\examples\Web-inf\web.xml file with the same
(error) result.  Can you suggest any fixes in this case?  thanks - jim

Jim Watson
jwatson@gmu.edu
jwatson209@earthlink.net