tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Towell <jtow...@cscexchange.cc.edu>
Subject RE: TOMCAT and ORACLE
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 19:34:00 GMT
Hi Lim

It would help to see the connection string you're using ...

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Lim SiewLing
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Sent: 5/1/01 2:22 PM
Subject: TOMCAT and ORACLE

Hi,
I'm currently engaged on a school project which uses Tomcat3.2.1, ORACLE
and Java to develop an intranet application.
My program run smoothly when retrieving data in Access database but the
data could not be retrieve using ORACLE. The error message that I get is
"The Network adapter could not establish a connection".
Could anyone please help me by telling me what is the problems of
connecting the Tomcat to the ORACLE? I had start the listener and the
ORACLE database but still got the same error.
Do I need to configure the server.xml or web.xml file? Please help
me....Your help will be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Josephine

  _____