tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Kirk <Christopher.K...@gtl.com>
Subject RE: TOMCAT and ORACLE
Date Wed, 02 May 2001 10:15:11 GMT
>From my experience there are 2 things that are worth checking.

1) Make sure that the database has an instance named orcl in the TNA lookup
(test the connection using Oracle tools, Net8 assistent will do).

2) If you are using 8i, then make sure that orcl is not a Service Name..
people often get SIDs and Service Names confused.

- Chris.

(Also, does 'myhost' actually exist.. or did you just change that when you
posted it so we didn't know your machine name?)

-----Original Message-----
From: Lim SiewLing [mailto:siewlinglim@hotmail.com]
Sent: 02 May 2001 11:07
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: TOMCAT and ORACLE

The connection string that I used is as follow:

Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver);

Connection connection =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:thin:@myhost:1521:orcl");

where: myhost  is the PC Name where the oracle database is resided

Josephine

>From: John Towell
>To: "'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org '"
>Subject: RE: TOMCAT and ORACLE
>Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 14:34:00 -0500
>>From tomcat-user-return-33265-siewlinglim Tue May 01 12:35:14 2001
>Mailing-List: contact tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org; run by ezmlm
>
>Hi Lim
>
>It would help to see the connection string you're using ...
>
>John

  _____

<http://www.hotmail.com> .

This e-mail is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. It
may contain confidential or privileged information and if you are
not the intended addressee you are not  authorized  to  disclose,
copy, distribute or place any reliance on it  whatsoever  and  we
request that you inform our  postmaster (postmaster@gtl.com) that
you have received this e-mail. Any attachment(s) to this  message
has been checked for viruses, but please rely on your  own  virus
checker and procedures. If you contact  us  by  e-mail,  we  will
store your name and address to facilitate communications.