tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bo Xu ...@cybershop.ca>
Subject Re: Servlets and relative paths
Date Wed, 30 May 2001 14:44:47 GMT
Chris McNeilly wrote:

> Thanks Bo.  This is certainly a step in the right direction.
>
> I can now include the xml file and xsl file using relative paths.  My
> only problem now is that there are xsl includes inside the xsl files and
> they are still being loaded incorrectly (using the tomcat/bin directory
> as root, not the servlet context).  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>
> > Chris McNeilly wrote:
> >
> >  > I've got a servlet and am trying to open files.  The
> > problem is that its
> >  > defaulting to the tomcat/bin directory whenever I attempt
> > to refer to
> >  > them.  How can I change this?  Hardcoding the path isn't
> > such a good
> >  > idea as my dev environment is different from production.
> > These are xml
> >  > and xsl files and they are located on the webroot.
> >  >
> >  > Thanks,
> >  >
> >  > Chris
> >
> > Hi :-)  from several emails in Servlet-List and this List:
> >
> > * InputStream is = this.getServletContext().
> >
> > getResourceAsStream("/WEB-INF/testApp.properties");
> >
> > now testApp.properties is in myapp/WEB-INF/
> >

> > *
> > - InputStream is =
> > this.getClass().getResourceAsStream("testApp.properties");
> > - InputStream is = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().
> >                              getResourceAsStream("myservlet.conf");
> >
> >    now, (normally),  myservlet.conf/testApp.properties is in
> > myapp/WEB-INF/classes
> >

> > Bo
> > May.29, 2001
> >
> [...]

Hello Chris :-)  I am not sure, do you want to  read a file in
TOMCAT_HOME/bin?
is the following possible?

- put MyUtil.class in TOMCAT_HOME/bin
- include TOMCAT_HOME/bin/MyUtil.class into CLASSPATH
- put testApp.properties into TOMCAT_HOME/bin
- in MyServlet, write the following code:
  MyUtil myobject=new MyUtil();
  InputStream is =
  myobject.getClass().getResourceAsStream("testApp.properties");

I don't test it,  if it is not right, please correct it, thanks! :-)

Bo
May.30, 2001