tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Cassidy (Programmer)" <dcass...@hotgen.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat and Apache on diffenet machines
Date Fri, 25 May 2001 14:10:36 GMT
Yup this is possible ....

and if you are using the loadbalancing module ( so you can have more
than 1
tomcat for your apache(s) to talk to) essential

in workers.properties you should find something like ...

worker.ajp12.port=8007
worker.ajp12.host=localhost
worker.ajp12.type=ajp12
worker.ajp12.lbfactor=1

To define another service try ...

worker.external_1.port=8007
worker.external_1.host=192.168.34.43
worker.external_1.type=ajp12
worker.external_1.lbfactor=1

You can define as many of these as you want.

You can then define a loadbalancer ( if you want to)

worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
worker.loadbalancer.balanced_workers=ajp12, external_1, external_2 etc

then
worker.list=loadbalancer
and you have got load balancing

If you just want to use a single tomcat host then
worker.list=external_1

in your mod_jk.conf

JkMount /test/* loadbalancer

or

JkMount /test/* external_1

Hope this helps

David

PS If you are going to do loadbalancing I suggest you use ajp12
   it takes less time to recover if than ajp13