tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Larry Rogers <roge...@sprynet.com>
Subject Using Digest method of JDBCRealm
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 17:45:05 GMT
Hi All,

I'm trying to use the static Digest method included in JDBCRealm in
Tomcat 4b3 from the command line.  When I execute the following

$ java -classpath catalina.jar org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm -a
MD5 pass

from tomcat/server/lib, I get the output at the end of this message.  I
have the same trouble using the Digest method from a simple web application.

I want to use the Digest method provided by Tomcat to store encrypted
passwords in the JDBCRealm database for use in authenticating users of
my web apps.  If anyone is able to do this, what did you have to do to
get it to work?

Thanks for any help,

Larry

pass:Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name
org.apache.tomcat.resources.LocalStrings, locale en_US
	at
java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:707)
	at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:679)
	at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:546)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.StringManager.<init>(StringManager.java:115)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.StringManager.getManager(StringManager.java:260)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.HexUtils.<clinit>(HexUtils.java:105)
	at org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.Digest(JDBCRealm.java:598)
	at org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.main(JDBCRealm.java:640)