tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ludovic Maitre <Ludovic.Mai...@sophia.inria.fr>
Subject Re: URL rewriting ignored for "/whatever" context path; broken for "/" context path
Date Thu, 03 May 2001 17:29:41 GMT
Hello,

The only solution i had find is to replicate all my "url-rewrited"
folder as context in Tomcat and additionnaly make
a few patchs on Tomcat (and Cocoon).

It seems, after reading the source code of mod_jserv (that i use), that
the request form Apache to Tomcat is redirected AFTER the
URI-to-filename translation in Apache. It's AFAIK a limitation of apache
1.* who will be removed in Apache 2.* where a lot of hooks are added to
Apache.

Please if i'm wrong give some answer to this mail,

Regards,

Ludovic

PS : Has somebody tested Catalina/tomcat 4 with Apache and mod_rewrite ?

--
 Ludovic.Maitre@sophia.inria.fr

 INRIA - 2004 route des lucioles - BP 93    Tel: (33/0) 4 92 38 50 41
 06902   SOPHIA-ANTIPOLIS cedex (France)    Fax: (33/0) 4 92 38 76 02