tomcat-users mailing list archives

From GOMEZ Henri <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: Apache and Tomcat integration
Date Fri, 04 May 2001 07:26:25 GMT
>You really need to build your own mod_jk for it to work.  It will be
>different with nearly every system configuration.  I use
>Mandrake 7.2 as
>well and the binary from Jakarta-Apache does not work with this system.

What's the problem with binary from Jakarta-Apache which didn't works
under Mandrake ?

I could tell you that the mod_jk.so you found at Jakarta-Apache are
built on Redhat 6.2 systems with latest apache 1.3.19. There is now
each time a mod_jk.so-eapi for those of us using EAPI (ie mod_ssl)
and mod_jk.so-stdapi (standard apache).

Mandrake use in their apache distrib the unsupported (by HTTPD team)
SGI patches which brake many others modules (ie mod_gzip).
But you could still rebuilt the mod_jk from source to make them
works on your specific system.