tomcat-users mailing list archives

From oLi <oli_l...@yahoo.de>
Subject AW: Charset Problem?
Date Tue, 22 May 2001 11:49:15 GMT
I'm having the same problem: Cocoon web app running on
NT4.0, Tomcat 3.2.1, IIS 4.0 in our intranet. When I
enter umlauts into a form they get all scrambled up,
however, today I have noticed that when I do it with
Opera, it works fine. It also works perfectly when I
use another web server. I'm not sure if it really is a
problem with the redirector. Does anybody have a clue?

oLi

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Andreas Schlegel
[mailto:schlegel@software.b.uunet.de]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 26. April 2001 11:57An:
tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: Charset Problem?Hi,
does anyone know this problem. Having an HTML form the
user may type
words like 'Köln' (ö -> special german character). In
one case the
server receives the parameter 'Köln', in the other
case it receives only'K'.
On the other hand the server has no problem to build +
send HTML pages
that contain words like 'Köln'.
The Browser is always the same (i.e. Opera 5.0, IE
4.0).
The application is the same.
Could it be a charset problem? But I think by default,
a server parses
parameters using the common Latin-1 (ISO 8859-1)
charset. That works for
Western European languages.Works::
Configuration: Tomcat 3.2.1, MS-SQL 7, NT 4, runing in
intranetDoesn't work:
Configuration: Tomcat 3.2.1 as in-process addon with
IIS 4, MS-SQL 7, NT
4, runing in internetGreetings,Andreas