tomcat-users mailing list archives

From José Vicente Núñez Zuleta <javajose...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problems mapping url to servlet containers: not workin
Date Tue, 08 May 2001 15:57:11 GMT
Thanks for your answer;

Can you please give me an example on how to do that?
(i'm a little confused here because i don't know if i
have to mess with the default Context).

Thanks in advance.

JV.

--- Tew Tee Li <tltew@simecity.com> escribió: > The
url-pattern tag in web.xml file is context-path
> relative.
> The relevant context-paths is already defined in
> server.xml and every http
> request have to include this in their url for the
> request to be passed to
> tomcat.
>
> Hence, you have to include the predefined the
> context path in the request,
> as you've mentioned.
>

> On Tue May 08 09:50:53 2001 MYT,

=?iso-8859-1?q?Jos=E9=20Vicente=20N=FA=F1ez=20Zuleta?=
> <javajosevnz@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Greetings
> >
> > I apologize if this question has been answered
> > properly in other place but i'm unable to fix this
> > problem :(
> >

> > I'm trying to mapp a Servlet to the following url:
> >
> > http://localhost/HolaMundo
> >
> > And i added the following to the WEB_INF/web.xml
> file:
> >
> > <web-app>
> >   <display-name>Hola Mundo</display-name>
> >   <session-timeout>30</session-timeout>
> >   <servlet>
> >     <servlet-name>HolaMundo</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.eslared.taller2.HolaMundo</servlet-class>
> >   </servlet>
> >   <servlet-mapping>
> >     <servlet-name>HolaMundo</servlet-name>
> >     <url-pattern>/HolaMundo</url-pattern>
> >   </servlet-mapping>
> > </web-app>
> >
> > I'm also using the automatic generated
> configuration
> > file on apache (i'm including the file at the end
> of
> > the httpd.conf file):
> >

> > #<VirtualHost *>
> > #    ServerAdmin webmaster@dummy-host.example.com
> > #    DocumentRoot /www/docs/dummy-host.example.com
> > #    ServerName dummy-host.example.com
> > #    ErrorLog
> logs/dummy-host.example.com-error_log
> > #    CustomLog
> logs/dummy-host.example.com-access_log
> > common
> > #</VirtualHost>
> >
> > Include
> > /local/jakarta/dist/tomcat/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto
> >
> > This is the directory layout:
> >
> > [root@jose webapps]# find ./holamundo -print
> > ../holamundo
> > ../holamundo/META-INF
> > ../holamundo/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
> > ../holamundo/WEB-INF
> > ../holamundo/WEB-INF/classes
> > ../holamundo/WEB-INF/classes/org
> > ../holamundo/WEB-INF/classes/org/eslared
> > ../holamundo/WEB-INF/classes/org/eslared/taller2

../holamundo/WEB-INF/classes/org/eslared/taller2/HolaMundo.class

http://mikal.org/interests/java/tomcat/archive/view?mesg=27294

> > Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?
> >

> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > =====