tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Allan Kamau <hugebirdwi...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat/Xalan
Date Sat, 05 May 2001 10:26:22 GMT
Xerces is a parser and Xalan is for XML
transformations that's the difference.
The easier way to process XML content is to use an XML
publishing framework. Cocoon is probably the best
publishing framework around, you can get it from
http://xml.apache.org/ needless to say it can be
easily configured to work with your tomcat
installation having tomcat serve the .jsp and servlets
(and .html files if tomcat acting a standalone web
server) and the cocoon handling the .xml files. You
will have to configure your contexts in Tomcat to have
this-it takes two steps copying a worker file from
cocoon into your context's /WEB-INF directory then
modifying your web.xml file of your context to forward
.xml files to cocoon.
As expected the cocoon-1.8.2 docs files provide
excellent coverage on the same - refer to them first.

Allan Kamau.