tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steven Parks <Steven_Pa...@epicdata.com>
Subject still having problems
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 15:06:19 GMT
I am still, apparently, having problems with my servlet.

I am invoking a servlet using a meta-data file with a specific extension.  I
wish to pass content to be processsed against the meta-data, in the form of
a XML-string.
I am able to open an output-stream from my JSP to my connected URL, but when
I attempt to retrieve the response (from the servlet), I receive the error:

java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://localhost:8080/servlet-context/input-file.XXX
<http://localhost:8080/servlet-context/input-file.XXX>  where the URL is my
meta-data file.
Apparently, it is attempting to open my meta-data file to retrieve the
response results....

I originally attempted to get an input-stream from the HttpURLConnection,
and then attempted to retrieve both the response-code and the
response-message - with no luck.

I am stumped by this, seemingly, simple hurdle....

Any ideas???

Steven Parks
Software Designer/Architect
Epic Technologies