tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "JFC" <tomcatU...@jai.freesurf.fr>
Subject Re: ODBC-JDBC ** with JSP ** : 'No suitable driver'
Date Wed, 02 May 2001 15:41:52 GMT
Hello ~

Actually I unzipped the classes12.zip file in 2 directories !
1°  %TOMCAT_HOME%\lib
2°  {my_webbApp}\WEB-INF\classes

Moreover, the classes12.zip file still remains in the %TOMCAT_HOME%/lib
directory... ^-^

I nevertheless feel like it's still a CLASSPATH or dir problem...
Coz it works fine with a "java {my_MainClassName}" DOS command !

But thanx for your answers !
Jean-François

>Hi,

If you unzipped the file into the WEB-INF/lib directory, then
you did it in the wrong place.  They should go in the WEB-INF/classes
directory.  I've been using that approach successfully here for a while
now.

Brendan

: Ok, I'll try that.
: Nevertheless, I already tried to put the developped classtree of
: classes12.zip (oracle.jdbc....) in the lib directory (unzipped file), and
: it didn't work properly either. I may guess that renaming the .zip
in .jar
: would have the same (non-)effect, wouldn't it ?
:
: Jean-François
:
:
--
Brendan McKenna        Email: brendan.mckenna@taringold.ie
Development Strategist        Phone: +353-61-338177