tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Connie Chan" <cc...@drfirst.com>
Subject Need help on servlet-mapping
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 22:38:05 GMT
Hi,

My application is running on Apache with Tomcat 3.2.1.  I want to set
servlet mapping for HTTPS protocol.  When a user specifies
https://myhost.com/io/GetFile/hello.xls, the servlet
myapps.FileSearchServlet gets invoked and handle the request.  What I
did is to specify the servlet mapping in the web.xml (which located
under myapps\Web-inf) and specify "JkMount /io/* ajp12" in httpd.conf
for apache server.  The https is set up as a virtual host using port 443
and ssl module supported by apache.  When I test the program, it looks
like that the apache redirects the request to tomcat.  But the tomcat
displays an error that the file is not found.

I tried the web.xml in another computer running tomcat only without
https (i.e. http://myhost.com/io/GetFile/hello.xls).  It works.  Tomcat
can recognized the url pattern and invoke the servlet.  Does anyone know
if the web.xml is recognized by the virtual host?  Or, I did something
wrong?  And does anyone know how to fix it?

Here is the portion of the web.xml:

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>
            getfile