tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert J. Lebowitz" <lebow...@finaltouch.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat, IIS and virtual hosts
Date Thu, 03 May 2001 18:53:43 GMT
I finally solved the problem of virtual hosts on IIS myself.... it took a
bit of time, and I had to re-read the Tomcat documentation quite a bit.  It
might be useful to have an example as there is for the Apache server in
there in the future.

I had to modify to files to allow me to connect properly to my virtual
hosts:

1.  server.xml - use the <Host name="myhost.org">
</Host> section to define an appropriate context for the virtual host.
Supposedly you can specify either the fully qualified hostname, or it's IP
address in the name attribute.

2.  workers.properties.  This is the part that had me stumped for quite a
while.  I had to redefine the host associated with the ajp12 worker.  I
suppose that if I wanted to retain the localhost setting, I could define
another worker in the worker.list, make sure it is of type ajp12, and assign
it's .host attribute with the name of my virtual host, and it's port as
8007.

here's an example.

In the uriworkers.properties file it's important to assign the correct
worker to the URL path name you're using for that virtual host... since I
used ajp12, I didn't have to do much there...

#
# Defining a worker named ajp12 and of type ajp12
# Note that the name and the type do not have to match.
#
worker.list=ajp12, ajp13
worker.ajp12.port=8007
#worker.ajp12.host=localhost