tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert J. Lebowitz" <lebow...@finaltouch.com>
Subject Tomcat, IIS and virtual hosts
Date Thu, 03 May 2001 02:44:10 GMT
I recently installed Tomcat 3.2.1 on an NT 4.0 server running IIS according
to Gil Shachor's directions, using JavaService to install it as an NT
Service.  Everything worked exactly as it supposed to; my JSPs are working
fine.

However, on a separate NT 4.0 server, following the same directions, I've
been unable to get the server to redirect correctly.  I know that Tomcat is
running because I can call up my JSPs and the Tomcat examples using:

http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/index.html

However, what I really want is to be able to use the URL

http://localhost/examples/jsp/index.html

I realized that primary difference between the two servers is that one runs
virtual hosts.  I suspect that the configuration for Tomcat on IIS must be
different when you have virtual hosts.  I've looked for examples in the
documentation, but haven't found any; most examples seem to be geared for
Apache.  I discovered the <Host/> directive for server.xml, but my efforts
at getting it to work failed.

Can someone send me an example of how to configure Tomcat to work with
virtual hosts?

Rob