tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Benoit Jacquemont <benoit.jacquem...@smile.fr>
Subject Re: Developing on a different platform from production
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 16:32:13 GMT
Hi Bill,

We are developping on MS Windows 2000 boxes (as a lot of people I think), and
we deploy our apps on Linux servers (again, as a lot of people... ;-) ).

We never had any problems, but we always compile the source code on a
development machine running exactly the same environment as the server.
Anyway, we used to compile on Windows and deploy on Linux, and we never had
any problem of incompatibility. Now our compilation of the source code on the
same OS is just a consequence of a quality plan.

BenoƮt