tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Erik Dybdahl" <e...@bysant.com>
Subject Changing contents of WEB-INF/classes requires restart og Tomcat?
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 13:39:04 GMT
I get compile errors if classes in my WEB-INF/classes dir that are referenced from my JSP-page
are changed.
This is normal if the class definitions are not reloaded automatically when changed.
I just wonder if there are ways of accomplishing this, the same way as servlets can be reloaded
when changed?
The same thing happen if I forget to place required jar-files under the WEB-INF/lib dir.
After copying the needed jar-files, I still have to restart Tomcat before the JSPs compile
ok.

erik.