tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Eric Miller" <jemil...@uchicago.edu>
Subject Re: Starting Tomcat without new DOS Window
Date Tue, 29 May 2001 21:27:01 GMT
I don't know about the service related part of your question, but, I found
out how to start it without opening a new Command Prompt window.

In startup.bat, you should see a line like the following.

call "%TOMCAT_HOME%\bin\tomcat" start %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

If you change the text "start" to "run" as in the following, it will run and
not open another window.

call "%TOMCAT_HOME%\bin\tomcat" run %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

I found this to be helpful when trying to get SSL to work. I didn't have
things configured correctly and couldn't see what the error message was
because the window was shutting too fast.

BTW, Tomcat developers, it would be nice if errors were logged to the log
file in this case and not just to the screen.

Jon