tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin Fonner" <>
Subject JDBC Realm
Date Mon, 07 May 2001 15:37:17 GMT
So I have been experimenting with this JDBCRealm stuff and can't seem to make it ask me for
a user name and password.

in the server.xml is..
<RequestInterceptor className="org.apache.tomcat.request.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
userTable="Users" userNameCol="UserName" userCredCol="PassWord"
userRoleTable="UserRoles" roleNameCol="RoleName" />

in the examples web.xml is...
         <web-resource-name>Protected Area</web-resource-name>
  <!-- Define the context-relative URL(s) to be protected -->
  <!-- If you list http methods, only those methods are protected -->
         <!-- Anyone with one of the listed roles may access this area -->

    <!-- Default login configuration uses BASIC authentication -->
      <realm-name>Example Basic Authentication Area</realm-name>

Shouldn't all this require the server to ask me for a password before I can use any of my
servlets or am I missing something here?

View raw message