tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Xiaofeng Chen" <>
Subject apache starts and dies without any error message
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 20:17:08 GMT
Hi, all: This is a weird problem. I have apache and tomcat 3.2.1 work together before. Today
I modified
tomcat.policy to grant permissions to my servlet directory, then I stoped tomcat, then stoped
using kill command, it seems that 'httpd stop' doesn't stop apache). Then I started tomcat
and it runs standalone
ok. After that I tried to start apache, command line output said 'start Ok'. No any other
message either on console or
in the error_log file for apache. But when I cann't access any page from apache. Using 'ps
-aef | grep httpd' on the
command line, I got nothing except the compand I just typed in. After I changed httpd.conf
to include jserv module
instead of, apache seems to start ok.

Does any one have similar probem before? Any suggestion? Thanks

View raw message