tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Stan Devitt" <jsdev...@stratumtek.com>
Subject xalan ApplyXSL sample servlet fails
Date Tue, 29 May 2001 12:35:09 GMT
Any pointers to additional info, a working example,
or  direct help in resolving the following would
be most appreciated.

Stan Devitt

==================================
I am attempting to run the servlet example that is part of
the xalan1.2.2  zip file - specifically with DefaultApplyXSL,
whose purpose is to apply xslt transformations.

I am using tomcat 3.2.1. (more details below)

I have installed the servlet in a Test context
and a sample xml and style file tested independently.

I successfully link to the servlet using:

http://localhost:8080/Test/servlet/DefaultApplyXSL?
debug=true&URL=/Test/main.xml&xslURL=/Test/styles/main.xsl

but the transformation fails in the process method in ApplyXSL during

xslprocessor.process(xmlSource, xslSource, outBuffer);

The debug response indicates that
    a) it is finding the servlet,
    b) it is finding the xml file and its style file,

however, a SAX exception occurs while it is being processed to
generate html output - the log shows

SystemId Unknown; Line 1; Column 1; SystemId Unknown; Line 0; Column 0;
Exception is org.xml.sax.SAX Exception

Additional Notes:

1.  The xml and style file has been validated and successfully
transformed using both xt and xalan in command line mode.

2.  I am using tomcat 3.2.1, together with jdk1.3.1,
xerces 1.2.3 and xalan 1.2.2 on Windows 2000.

3.  There is no DOCTYPE in the xml file, nor is there a
style sheet processing instruction.

4.  The xalan.jar and xerces.jar files are at the start of the
class path.

Thanks in advance.