tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Kock" <martin.k...@get2net.dk>
Subject JSP and Tomcat containers
Date Tue, 29 May 2001 15:00:13 GMT
  Hi!

  I'm doing an assignment on Java Server Pages, and I have a couple of questions about the
Tomcat webserver:

  1. Which container (engine) will be running with Tomcat? The JSP container, the servlet
container, or both?
  2. I'm only using JSP-documents, but does the JSP container handle the same stuff that the
servlet container handled before 'the era' of JSP?
  3. Tomcat listens on port 8080 - can I get it to listen on port 80, and how?
  4. Where can I get the API documentation for class HttpJspBase? I've searched Suns homepage
with no luck.
  5. How do I (in my JSP page) read data sent with HTTP POST? I can't use request.getParameter(java.lang.String);

  Thanks in advance,
  Martin Kock
  martin.kock@get2net.dk