tomcat-users mailing list archives

From S. Schörner-Richter <tw.rich...@textilveredlung-oberfranken.de>
Subject BASE64Decoder not found in JSP - why?
Date Wed, 30 May 2001 10:44:06 GMT
Hello,

I have to use the BASE64Decoder class which is available in sun.misc.* (import) because I
am using Tomcat 3.2.2 and want to decode username and password from HTTP-Header. When writing
a simple application the BASE64Decoder (like in BASE64Decoder decoder = new BASE64Decoder())
is found by the compiler as the package is bundled with the JSP 1.2. But when writing a JSP
scriplet doing the same and using the same JSP (JAVA_HOME is set) Tomcat gives me an internal
server error claiming the BASE64DECode can not be found. Why? Can anyone help?

Regards
   Thomas