tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Mynsted" <MMYNS...@vha.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat vs. other app servers
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 14:22:46 GMT
>Trivia question -- what was the name of the company >that developed JRun and
>was eventually bought out by Allaire?
>Super Trivia -- who was the CEO and lead developer? >(who must've made a bunch of cash
in the buyout...)

Here is a question:  Do you work for Allaire?

Sincerely yours;

Mark Mynsted

VHA Management Information Systems Client Services
mmynsted@vha.com
(972) 830 - 0592, Internal x1592

>>> jeff@kilbride.com 4/19/2001 12:05:37 AM >>>
It wouldn't surprise me if JRun ran better in a Windows environment. After
all, that's what it was originally designed for. The JRun 1.x series was a
lifesaver for me in late 1997 when we ported all of our Perl code to Java.
That was before we moved to Linux from NT and before there were any
in-process solutions for Perl on NT. Fortunately, back then, you could
actually get the JRun developers on the phone to answer questions if you ran
into problems. Times have changed!

Trivia question -- what was the name of the company that developed JRun and
was eventually bought out by Allaire?
Super Trivia -- who was the CEO and lead developer? (who must've made a
bunch of cash in the buyout...)

;o)

--jeff