tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Shun-Luoi Daniel Fong <sdf...@engineering.uiowa.edu>
Subject mysql jdbc driver
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2001 22:35:38 GMT
I know this isn't necessarily tomcat related but...

I just downloaded the mysql jdbc driver, mm.mysql-2.0.4-src.jar, from
http://mmmysql.sourceforge.net/

My question is, do I need to just put the jar file in my classpath, or do
I need to extract the files from the jar file and put them somewhere. If I
do need to extract the files, does anybody have any suggestions as to a
good location to place the files/directories? Does it really matter for
when I am using the driver from jsp/servlets?

I'm using tomcat 3.2.1 on linux

Thanks (and sorry for the misplaced question),
Luoi

--
D. Shun-Luoi Fong
821 Melrose Avenue

Colossions 2:8 See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy
or empty deception, according to the traditions of men, according to the
elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.