tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milt Epstein <mepst...@uiuc.edu>
Subject RE: Tomcat vs. other app servers
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 21:08:37 GMT
On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Jann VanOver wrote:

> FYI: if anyone is interested in joining the JRUN-talk group, you can
> sign up at http://www.houseoffusion.com click on the <MAILING LIST>
> link on the left

As long as you've reposted this note of mine :-), I should take the
opportunity to correct myself.  It was actually ServletExec (from New
Atlanta) that I had used (with NES) before switching to Tomcat/Apache,
not JRun.  Don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that :-).

I had evaluated both ServletExec and JRun.  They seemed similar in
terms of functionality and performance.  I went with ServletExec
because it was easier to set up, and because their support was *much*
better.  They have a mailing list where the ServletExec/New Atlanta
people are *very* responsive.  This is running on AIX, FWIW.

[ ... ]

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Software/Systems Development Group
Computing and Communications Services Office (CCSO)
mepstein@uiuc.edu