tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Roeblitz <thomas.roebl...@infopark.de>
Subject SingleThreadModel
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2001 14:54:49 GMT
Hi,

I'm wondering how Tomcat (Versions 3.1 and 3.2) implements the
SingleThreadModel. I was observing (v3.1) the case that parallel
requests were executed concurrently for the very beginning, but
later not. This behavior has been reported by some other people.

Regarding version 3.2.1 I found a comment that the implementation
uses a synchronized service-method.

Does anybody know something about the actual implementation? How
about further releases, is there a plan to provide one servlet
instance per thread which executes a SingleThreadModel-object?

Are there other Servlet-Containers which implements it in the
way that every thread gets its own servlet instance?

Thanks for your help. Any comment would be helpful

Thomas