tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milt Epstein <mepst...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: Dates in Java
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2001 19:41:02 GMT
On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Jeff Kilbride wrote:

> There's also something to be said for using a little tact. "You
> might get more help posting your question on a general Java forum"
> -- and then pointing the way -- is better than using three question
> marks and implying that the other person's question is "so
> simple". Responses like this scare new programmers off the lists.
[ ... ]

True, but I don't see anything so rude about what the person wrote,
despite the use of multiple question marks and the "so simple" -- I've
seen a lot worse (hell, I've responded a lot worse myself :-).  And I
could see how it can be a little annoying after a whole bunch of such
posts.  Also remember that it's quite possible that English is not his
native language.

Anyway, this list has seemed reasonable on-topic (as well as useful
and friendly) since I joined, so this probably isn't something to be
concerned about (on either side).