tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milt Epstein <mepst...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: getServletNames()?
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2001 16:48:05 GMT
On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, George Kakarontzas wrote:

> OK Milt thanks.
> I should read the spec before I ask. It clearly says:
> "This method was originally defined to return an Enumeration of all the
> servlet names known to this context. In this version, this method always
> returns an empty Enumeration and remains only to preserve binary
> compatibility. This method will be permanently removed in a future version
> of the Java"

Oh, yeah, should've thought to suggest just looking at the spec.  I
get a lot of my info on the spec changes from a couple of articles
Jason Hunter (author of O'Reilly's Servlets book) wrote for JavaWorld.
I don't have the exact URLs handy, but one is from December 1998 (the
one that covers the changes from 2.0 to 2.1) and one is from October
1999 (from 2.1 to 2.2) -- and that should give you an idea how old
this stuff is.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Software/Systems Development Group
Computing and Communications Services Office (CCSO)
mepstein@uiuc.edu