tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milt Epstein <mepst...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: getServletNames()?
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2001 14:45:35 GMT
On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, George Kakarontzas wrote:

> Hi all.
> I have been trying to make this run:
> ====================================
> import javax.servlet.http.*;
>
> public class Loaded extends HttpServlet {
>
>   public void doGet(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res)
>                                throws ServletException, IOException {
>     res.setContentType("text/plain");
>     PrintWriter out = res.getWriter();
>     ServletContext context = getServletContext();
>     Enumeration names = context.getServletNames();
>     while (names.hasMoreElements()) {
>       String name = (String)names.nextElement();
>       Servlet servlet = context.getServlet(name);
>       out.println("Servlet name: " + name);
>       out.println("Servlet class: " + servlet.getClass().getName());
>       out.println("Servlet info: " + servlet.getServletInfo());
>       out.println();
>     }
>   }
> }
> However the Enumeration returned by context.getServletNames() is empty!
> It is supposed to return the serlvets loaded (including Loaded itself).
> I know that this method has been deprecated in jdk1.3, which I'm
> using, but it should work anyway.
> Any suggestions?

Why do you think it should work even if it's been deprecated?  This
method was deprecated long ago, in JSDK Spec 2.1, and doesn't do
anything anymore (like it's related method, getServlet()).

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Software/Systems Development Group
Computing and Communications Services Office (CCSO)
mepstein@uiuc.edu