tomcat-users mailing list archives

From greyson.sm...@convergys.com
Subject RE: xalan and xerces
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 15:36:21 GMT

Yes, that worked.  Thanks.

                    "Samson,

                    Lyndon [IT]"          To:     "'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'"

                    <lyndon.samson        <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                    @ssmb.com>            cc:

                                          Subject:     RE: xalan and xerces

                    18-04-01 02:57

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to tomcat-user

In your tomcat.[bat|sh] place the xalan/xerces jar files b4 the xml.jar (
ie
tomcats xml parser ) reference. In tomcat 4.0 CLASSPATH will not be
available to your servlets/JSP's and WEB-INF/lib will be isolated.

-----Original Message-----
From: greyson.smith@convergys.com [mailto:greyson.smith@convergys.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2001 9:57 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: xalan and xerces

I know this has been asked before, so I went to the archives.  I was a bit
unsure as to what the answer was, though.  Would someone be willing to
restate how to get xalan and xerces working for Tomcat 3.1?

I have a class that works fine outside of Tomcat, but when I parse inside
of Tomcat or use the classpath of tomcat at a command prompt, I get this
error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at
org.apache.xpath.DOM2Helper.getLocalNameOfNode(DOM2Helper.java:326)
        at
org.apache.xalan.templates.TemplateList.getHead(TemplateList.java:471)
        at
org.apache.xalan.templates.TemplateList.getTemplate(TemplateList.java:
528)
        at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemForEach.transformSelectedNodes(ElemForE
ach.java:432)
        at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemApplyTemplates.execute(ElemApplyTemplat
es.java:193)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(Tra
nsformerImpl.java:2202)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.applyTemplateToNode(Trans
formerImpl.java:2085)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transformNode(Transformer
Impl.java:1219)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:
2942)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Thanks

--

NOTICE:  The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named individual or