tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gaël Oberson <gober...@swissonline.ch>
Subject RE: Servlet Chaining...
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2001 16:05:12 GMT
RE: Servlet Chaining...[Gaël Oberson] >  I think HttpServletRequest inherits
getRequestDispatcher(..) from ServletRequest class and does implement it.
[Gaël Oberson] >  You can also get the RequestDispatcher object from
ServletContext

  Yes, you're right, but it's not what I want to do. the forward method
sends the request and response objects to another servlet or jsp, and the
response is entierely created by the second servlet.

  The incude method "concatenates" the ouput from servlet 1 & servlet 2 in
the same response object.

  But, in my case, the servlet 1 generates dynamic XML from a database, and
the servlet 2 (Cocoon) generates HTML FROM servlet1's XML data...

  Do you see what I mean? The data is processed twice!

  Ok. And now how to do that????

  The first that can provide me a working solution wins a beer...

  Thx.