tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joel Parramore" <parramo...@homes.com>
Subject RE: Do I smell?
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2001 19:24:29 GMT

mod_jserv and mod_jk are Apache modules used in integrating Apache and
Tomcat (i.e., in routing request from Apache to Tomcat to be processed).
They have nothing to do with the processing of web.xml --- that is used by
Tomcat.  If you've set up your apache-tomcat.conf (if you're using
mod_jserv) file properly, you shouldn't have a problem (so goes the theory).
(If you're using mod_jk --- recommended --- you need to use and alter the
mod_jk.conf-auto file generated upon startup of Tomcat.)

I'd suggest (if you already haven't) reading the Tomcat user's guide, the
Apache/Tomcat integration guide, and the mod_jk FAQ:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/uguide/tomcat_ug.htm

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/tomcat-apache-howto.
html

	http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/mod_jk-howto.html

Go thru those, search the FAQs and past postings on the Jakarta site, then,
if you're still having problems, try posting again to here.

Regards,
Joel Parramore