tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andreas Mecky" <andreas.me...@novolabs.de>
Subject AW: question about uploading files and multipart/form-data FORMS
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 09:17:30 GMT
Hi Betty,

I am using the perfect class from O'Reilly (MultiPartReuqest) for uploading
files.
This classes works fine for me. I never had any problems with Tomcat
and uploading any kind of file. OK, I haven't tested all types of files to
be honest but so far everything is fine. Try this classes.

WBR

Andreas
  -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
  Von: Betty Chang [mailto:betty.chang@portalwave.com]
  Gesendet: Mittwoch, 4. April 2001 02:56
  An: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Betreff: question about uploading files and multipart/form-data FORMS

  Hi All -- With Tomcat, I have no problems submitting forms with
ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data"  and uploading files into my server.

  However, when I was using Apache/JServ, certain files will not upload
because the code that reads the uploaded data dies on a  read() call
somewhere with an application null error.
  I cannot determine what causes the problem -- it's not the type of file,
or anything, such certain files, and .doc files seem to be the most
troublesome.

  Has anyone else seen this problem with apache/Jserv,  but not with Tomcat?

  Thanks

  Betty

  Portal Wave, Inc.
  Catalyst for Collaborative Commerce