tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cory L Hubert" <>
Subject RE: Wierd Casting Problem. Tomocat Bug?
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2001 18:29:26 GMT
	When I restart that little trick doesn't work anymore.  I have a feeling
it's defenaitley a bug.  Can anyone confirm?

-----Original Message-----
From: Cory L Hubert []
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2001 11:14 AM
Subject: RE: Wierd Casting Problem. Tomocat Bug?

	I found out the problem.  This looks like an extreme hack though.

	<$=((member) ((Object)e.nextElement()) ).getFname()%>

	Works.   But why do I have to cast to an Object before I cast it back to
it's appropiate type.   My only guess is that the Servlet DownCast the
Vector to an Object (because there is some reflection that goes on) before
setting the Attribute and passing it to JSP.
	But the actual member objects are put in the Vector as member Objects.
Any Ideas?  Does anyone thing it's wierd that you have to cast to and Object
then to the Type.
	I believe this isn't a Java Bug it may be a Tomcat Bug.  Because I don't
have to cast to an Object, if I am casting to member objects in the Servlet.