tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tal Dayan" <...@zapta.com>
Subject RE: NT Service Bug Still in JDK 1.3.1
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2001 22:32:04 GMT
We are using j2sdk-1_3_0_02-win.exe (1.3.0.02 ?) with Alexandria JavaService
and it seem to work just fine.

Tal
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Mark Quinsland [mailto:markq@nerds-at-work.com]
  Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 2:11 PM
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Subject: NT Service Bug Still in JDK 1.3.1

  Anyone running Tomcat as a service in NT knows that whenever a user logs
out of NT, the tomcat service jk_nt_service.exe stops running as well.  This
worked under JDK 1.2 but not under JDK 1.3.  After months of denial, Sun
announced that it would be fixed in JDK 1.3.1.  However, the problem
continues to exist in the Beta version of JDK 1.3.1.

  Until this is fixed (and stable) I cannot recommend to my clients that
they even plan to migrate from ASP.

  Mark Quinsland
  mquinsland@technikonllc.com