tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik" <m...@filip.net>
Subject RE: Help with Servlet Configuration Files, where to put them
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2001 21:40:41 GMT
put it in your warfile in WEB-INF/classes
then load it using
Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().getResourceAsStream()

> If I drop the war file in, I can't edit the site specific
> configuration until the app is first accessed and expanded into
> the webapps dir.

two options

1. create a installation package - ZeroG or Install Anywhere, or something,
that generates the property file based on the users input and then spit out
the complete WAR file with the new property file

2. just tell your customer to extract the war file into the servlet engine
and manually edit the file prior to using it

~
Namaste - I bow to the divine in you
~
Filip Hanik