tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mary Kay" <mkay1...@hotmail.com>
Subject content-length limited to an int?
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2001 00:24:01 GMT
Hi,

Is anyone else having problems with content-length using an int?  If I try
to serve any files > 4gig, the content-length returned is incorrect (I
assume the cutoff is 2 gig since ints are signed in java, but I have only
tested > 4gig files).  I took a quick look at the source code, found a
method called getHeaderInt() which surely looks the culprit and is surely
doing an Integer.parseInt() to get the value.

This looks cut and dry to me, am I missing anything?

Thanks.