tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Taylor, Richard" <Richard.Tay...@bskyb.com>
Subject RE: IIS and Apache side by side
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2001 13:09:01 GMT
Your web server uses port 80 to serve pages as default, so when you type in
http://localhost/ it is the same as typing in http://localhost:80.

You cannot run any two servers on the same port so you must choose another
port to run one of the servers on.

Here is an example that will get them both working for you:

Stop both of the web servers.
Modify the httpd.conf file in <apache_root>/conf directory and change search
for the 'Port' property.  Chacnge this from 80 to 8080 (or any other
available port number).

If you start both servers now you should be able to access the IIS pages by
typing http://localhost/ and the apache web pages by typing
http://localhost:8080/

Rich.
-----Original Message-----
From: Joar Vatnaland [mailto:Joar.Vatnaland@synopsys.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2001 1:52 PM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: IIS and Apache side by side

I installed Apache on my Win2000 machine, which also
has Internet Information Server 5.0 running.  Both are for developing
purposes.  After I installed Apache, my IIS pages have stopped working.
They are not accessible anymore, because Apache now has the starting point
of http://localhost/

Does anyone have a trick to have them both working at the same time?

Information in this email is confidential and may be privileged.
It is intended for the addressee only. If you have received it in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.
You should not otherwise copy it, retransmit it or use or disclose its
contents to anyone.
Thank you for your co-operation.