tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "eric chacon" <>
Subject Re: Connection Pooling
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:17:50 GMT

I'm not aware of any connection pooling software that's native, or comes
bundled with Tomcat.

I've downloaded PoolMan (, but I had some luck
with v. 1.4.1  -- version 2.0beta (their latest) does not work (for me) at

There are some other packages also (dbconnection broker at, for example), that seem to be well thought of, but
which I haven't tried.

Adding these packages generally involves adding the .jar file(s) to your
classpath (webapps/your-app/lib, if only one application uses connection
pooling), and then modifying a configuration file.  Poolman comes with
sample files, java-doc (for the non-standard interfaces), and some text