tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "eric chacon" <chacone...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Connection Pooling
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:17:50 GMT

I'm not aware of any connection pooling software that's native, or comes
bundled with Tomcat.

I've downloaded PoolMan (http://www.codestudio.com/), but I had some luck
with v. 1.4.1  -- version 2.0beta (their latest) does not work (for me) at
all.

There are some other packages also (dbconnection broker at
www.javaexchange.com, for example), that seem to be well thought of, but
which I haven't tried.

Adding these packages generally involves adding the .jar file(s) to your
classpath (webapps/your-app/lib, if only one application uses connection
pooling), and then modifying a configuration file.  Poolman comes with
sample files, java-doc (for the non-standard interfaces), and some text
instructions.

Cheers,
E.