tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jann VanOver <Jann.VanO...@loudeye.com>
Subject RE: Configuring Cold Fusion to run with Tomcat 3.2.1
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 21:01:54 GMT
Are you actually running the Apache web server?  Did you install this before
you installed cold fusion?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jake Chin [mailto:jacobus8@earthlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2001 1:38 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Configuring Cold Fusion to run with Tomcat 3.2.1

The Cold Fusion support people are not familiar with the Tomcat server.

Can anyone help me with a configuration problem?

I'm having a problem with Cold Fusion Administrator.  I can bring up the
Cold Fusion Documentation page, but not the admin page.

I'm running W98 and Apache-Tomcat 3.2.1.

The URL I am hitting is:
http://localhost:8080/CFIDE/Administrator/index.cfm
<http://localhost:8080/CFIDE/Administrator/index.cfm>

The output looks like this:
Allaire Cold Fusion Template
Header Size: New
VersionÈù7?ná¼Ý«"}~?}Zhqؤä8X°É¿Ìò©?P^qvßNÊÒ?ùFÍû'ÉÊ{´d9¢=OJEUR?Û
'ð6lδf`b¢'ôû"\v?ù>eÐ×åREURóz?||,Võæ?êsm

CF support referred me to http://www.allaire.com/Handlers/index.cfm?ID=3882
<http://www.allaire.com/Handlers/index.cfm?ID=3882&Method=Full> &Method=Full
which I had already seen.  Unfortunately there is no httpd.conf file with
the Tomcat version of Apache.

I just downloaded Tomcat the other day.  I'm able to build and run
Servlet and JSP projects using Kawa, which is also from Macromedia (formerly
Allaire).

When I run Cold Fusion, I get the little icons on the Windows system toolbar
at the bottom of the display, but the
Cold Fusion window never opens up.  As I said before, I get that
gobbledegook when I try to run Cold Fusion Administrator.

Can anyone help me?

Regards,
Jake