tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jann VanOver <Jann.VanO...@loudeye.com>
Subject RE: I couldn't get SOAP to work with Tomcat via IIS
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2001 23:50:00 GMT
Did you set up an IIS virtual mapping for /soap/ ??  When I use tomcat with
IIS, I have to add mappings to BOTH the URI_worker properties AND to IIS
directly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mauricio Peschard [mailto:mauriciop@limelight-tech.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 4:54 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: I couldn't get SOAP to work with Tomcat via IIS

Hi!

I'm trying to call a servlet with SOAP over Tomcat via the IIS redirector
(isapi_redirect.dll) but I always got a SOAP Exception (SOAPException =
SOAP-ENV:Protocol, Unsupported response content type "text/html")

I just followed the steps to configure the IIS redirector to work with
Tomcat (
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/tomcat-iis-howto.htm
l ), and I tested calling the /examples directory via IIS with success.

Then I configure the "soap" context (/soap/*=ajp12) in
uriworkermap.propeties, and I modify the java client to access the rpcrouter
via IIS and I always got the SOAPException.

If I access the servlet directly with Tomcat it works just fine. I'm using
the Exchange servlet and java client test examples provided by
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ws-peer2/?dwzone=ws

My configuration consists of:
- Tomcat 3.2.1
- Xerces 1.3.0
- JavaBeans Activation Framework 1.0.1
- JavaMail 1.2
- Soap 2.1

After finishing the installation I deployed the Exchange.java servlet and
test it successfully (Tomcat) with the java client example of the above web
page.

Any advice from or link where I can configure SOAP with Tomcat via IIS will
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mauricio Peschard