tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jann VanOver <Jann.VanO...@loudeye.com>
Subject RE: Instantiating Beans on Tomcat
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2001 23:33:16 GMT
Two questions:
1. Where did you put your compiled bean?
2. Did you try putting SOMETHING in the constructor -- maybe
System.out.println("I'm here"); or something like that

-----Original Message-----
From: Brandon Cruz [mailto:bcruz@norvax.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 3:54 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Instantiating Beans on Tomcat

I am trying to instantiate a very simple bean on Tomcat in a JSP using the
directive...

<jsp:useBean id="sessionBean" scope="session" class="InfoBean" />

Everytime I try to run it, I get the following exception...

javax.servlet.ServletException:  Cannot create bean of class InfoBean

Any idea why this is happening, my java code doesn't have anything in it
yet, I just want to test it so that the bean will work, here is what I have
in the java in case I have that wrong...

public class InfoBean {
  private String sample = "Sample";

  public InfoBean() {
			  }//end constructor

  public String getSample() {
    return sample;
  }
  public void setSample(String newSample) {
    sample = newSample;
  }
}

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong, could this be due to some session
settings in Tomcat?

Thanks!

Brandon