tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Altuğ Altıntaş (Koç.Net) <alt...@koc.net>
Subject RE: Positionning servlets source to use Tomcat
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2001 08:32:02 GMT
I think it will be ok ..

just mkdir   under webapps  (dont forget to edit sever.xml)

example ;  " webapps - foo - WEB-INF - classes  "

then put yours servlet in classes directory  ..

Regards.

-----Original Message-----
From: David DELGRANCHE [mailto:ddelgranche@sogitec.fr]
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2001 12:27 PM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Positionning servlets source to use Tomcat

		Hi all,

	I'm a new user of Tomcat. I had an Apache server with JServ to
execute
servlets. It semmes that I had problems using JServ so I'm trying using
Tomcat. I have installed it on my Apache server. I'm able to execute the
examples servlets, so my installation seems to be OK.
	In order to use my own servlets, I have to configure Tomcat to
recognize
them. In the Tomcatdocs, it is written in the "Development Processes" that
I have to create a project, etc... Is there a simplier way to use Tomcat?
If I create a directory in the webapps one and the a Web-inf subdirectory
to put in my servlets isn't it enough if I add a Context tage in the
servler.xml configuration file?
	Anyone can help me?
	Thanks a lot

	david.