tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Warren Crossing <Warr...@nocode.com.au>
Subject RE: AutoRefreshing of apps
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2001 02:19:31 GMT
hey Jeremy,

I've been using tomcat 4.2 for the last 6 months. I am yet to see it reload
a war or unload and reload a servlet.  I'm have been through the  yet to
jump into the source code and see if its been disabled. I figure reloading
is not part of the j2ee spec so maybe its fallen of priority.

regards,

warren.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy C [mailto:jeremy@cowgar.com]
Sent: Sunday, 22 April 2001 3:14 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: AutoRefreshing of apps

I have downloaded the latest build (Milestone) which was Tomcat-dev-4.0-b3
... installed it, issued the startup command, viewed the HelloWorld Servlet
Example, changed the source to read "<h1>Hello, Jeremy!</h1>", recompile
... and it still said Hello, World!

I restart the server, then view the servlet, and it now says Hello, Jeremy!

Can anyone help me out? This makes development a long process :( Oh, I
tried that both on Linux and Windows.), I also tried (was using Jdk
1.3.0_02, and I just downloaded Jdk 1.2.2 from Sun, and it did not work
either.)

Thanks,

Jeremy - jeremy@cowgar.com